Online Ordering Survey - Privacy and PCI Policy
Draw Incentive Rules
Eligibility: University of Waterloo students enrolled in Fall 2019 who submit their responses to the W Store Online Ordering Survey will be entered into a random draw for 1 of 4 $50 W Store gift cards. Eligibility for the Incentive opens on Nov. 26, 2019 and closes at 12:00 noon on December 23, 2019. Please note that you do not need to participate in the survey to be eligible for the draw. To be included in the draw, please send your name and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on December 23, 2019.
Right to Disqualify: The University reserves the right to disqualify any entry not conforming to these Rules and Regulations at any time. The University assumes no responsibility for entry fraud committed by an entrant and reserves the right to demand return of the prize and all costs associated with remedying any prize awarded to an ineligible entry or entrant. The University is not responsible for any incomplete, failed or delayed transmission of your submission due to the internet, including interruption or delays caused by equipment or software malfunction or other technical difficulties.
Winner Selection: The winners of the $50 W Store gift cards will be selected in a random draw from eligible entries after 12:00 noon on December 23, 2019. Your odds of winning the gift cards will depend on the number of individuals who enter into the draw. The award winner will be contacted at their UWaterloo email address within five business days of the draw. Please note that in order to win the gift cards, the selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. Personal information is defined as any details that will enable you to be identified, such as ID numbers, telephone numbers, address, email address etc. When designing and executing our research, it is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information you provide is processed fairly and lawfully. Only authorized staff has access to personal information and they are obliged to respect its confidentiality. We do not sell, rent or exchange any personal information supplied by you to any third party. Nor do we use any of the information you provide for direct marketing or other non-research activities. All personal identifying information (Name and email address) is used only for the administration of prizes and/or incentives, and is stored separately from survey responses. All non-identifying survey data is used solely for evaluation and / or research purposes. All survey data are transferred and carefully stored on encrypted, password protected, secured network drive (electronic) or in a locked cabinet (paper resources) for 12 months. Where it is necessary to work with a third party company or organization to evaluate or analyse data results, a third party confidential and data sharing agreement is signed to ensure secure and appropriate handling of data. It is our policy to monitor our internal procedures regularly to ensure compliance with the relevant statutory requirements in all that we do, including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the University’s commitment to privacy.
Privacy and PCI Policy
As part of the transactional processes, we may collect information including name, email address, University of Waterloo student ID number and shipping address (where applicable). W Store collects and stores this information for processing your order, improving site functionality and marketing purposes. Users may also receive occasional communications through our email rewards program.
Information is collected under the authority of the University of Waterloo Act, 1972 and will be processed in compliance with applicable privacy legislation (e.g., Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.31) and UW's policies. Learn more about University of Waterloo Information and Privacy.
Questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information should be directed to Michael Jack, Administrative Officer (519-888-4567, ext. 39256, email@example.com). Questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by the University should be directed to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
W Store transaction processing meets or exceeds Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards for records retention, encryption, applications and procedures. More resources are available here:
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO - PRINT + RETAIL SOLUTIONS CALENDAR CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST DETAILS
Whether you're a Waterloo graduate or student, we want you to show off your pride for the University of Waterloo by sharing your pictures of the campus on Instagram using the hashtags: #UWsocial and #WStore. By sharing your photos, you have a chance to have your photo selected to be featured in the 2020 W Store calendar and on the official UWaterloo social media channels.
- Contest runs from February 11, 2019, until November 1, 2019.
- One grand prize photo will be selected for a $100 gift card and will receive a printed copy of the calendar. This image will be featured on the cover of the calendar and as one of the monthly photos inside the calendar.
- Eleven other photos will be chosen and featured in the calendar. These winners will receive a $25 gift card and one copy of the printed calendar.
Images selected for inclusion in the calendar will be chosen on the following criteria:
- Images will be judged on overall quality, unique perspective, memorability and wow! Factor.
- Marketability / Commercial appeal
- Inspirational power
- Expression of theme
- Usage of the brand to reinforce the theme
- Overall impression / impact
- Current / Potential social impact
- Level of detail
- Inspiration to others
- Technical execution
- Visual appeal
- Artistic merit
- Must be a University of Waterloo Student, or University of Waterloo Alumni.
- Photos must be taken at the University of Waterloo.
- Photos cannot include people - they must be scenic campus shots only.
- All entries must be received by November 1, 2019, at 12:00 am latest.
- For the purpose of this contest, you cannot be a professional photographer, which is defined as anyone who gets paid to take pictures.
- Entry must be original work and must not have been previously submitted into a contest.
- No personal brand logos to be depicted including watermarks on the picture submitted.
- Entries will be accepted via Instagram using hastags #UWSocial and #WStore or by email via email@example.com (TIFF or JPEG format ONLY).
- Judge's decisions will be final.
- By entering the contest, you're giving the University of Waterloo permission to use the image on any / all official University of Waterloo social media channels and to be printed and included in the 2020 W Store calendar.