UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO - PRINT + RETAIL SOLUTIONS CALENDAR CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST DETAILS
Whether you're a Waterloo graduate or student, we want you to show off your pride for the University of Waterloo by sharing your pictures of the campus on Instagram using the hashtags: #UWsocial and #WStore. By sharing your photos, you have a chance to have your photo selected to be featured in the 2020 W Store calendar and on the official UWaterloo social media channels.
- Contest runs from February 11, 2019, until November 1, 2019.
- One grand prize photo will be selected for a $100 gift card and will receive a printed copy of the calendar. This image will be featured on the cover of the calendar and as one of the monthly photos inside the calendar.
- Eleven other photos will be chosen and featured in the calendar. These winners will receive a $25 gift card and one copy of the printed calendar.
Images selected for inclusion in the calendar will be chosen on the following criteria:
- Images will be judged on overall quality, unique perspective, memorability and wow! Factor.
- Marketability / Commercial appeal
- Inspirational power
- Expression of theme
- Usage of the brand to reinforce the theme
- Overall impression / impact
- Current / Potential social impact
- Level of detail
- Inspiration to others
- Technical execution
- Visual appeal
- Artistic merit
- Must be a University of Waterloo Student, or University of Waterloo Alumni.
- Photos must be taken at the University of Waterloo.
- Photos cannot include people - they must be scenic campus shots only.
- All entries must be received by November 1, 2019, at 12:00 am latest.
- For the purpose of this contest, you cannot be a professional photographer, which is defined as anyone who gets paid to take pictures.
- Entry must be original work and must not have been previously submitted into a contest.
- No personal brand logos to be depicted including watermarks on the picture submitted.
- Entries will be accepted via Instagram using hastags #UWSocial and #WStore or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org (TIFF or JPEG format ONLY).
- Judge's decisions will be final.
- By entering the contest, you're giving the University of Waterloo permission to use the image on any / all official University of Waterloo social media channels and to be printed and included in the 2020 W Store calendar.