Privacy and PCI Policy
As part of the transactional processes, we may collect information including name, email address, University of Waterloo student ID number and shipping address (where applicable). W Store collects and stores this information for processing your order, improving site functionality and marketing purposes. Users may also receive occasional communications through our email rewards program.
Information is collected under the authority of the University of Waterloo Act, 1972 and will be processed in compliance with applicable privacy legislation (e.g., Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.31) and UW's policies. Learn more about University of Waterloo Information and Privacy.
Questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information should be directed to Michael Jack, Administrative Officer (519-888-4567, ext. 39256, email@example.com). Questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by the University should be directed to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
W Store transaction processing meets or exceeds Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards for records retention, encryption, applications and procedures. More resources are available here:
Exchange and Return Policy
With few exceptions, we will gladly exchange or refund items within 15 business days of purchase as long as they are:
- Accompanied by their original sales receipt and price tag; and
- In their original state (i.e., unwashed, unworn, unaltered and in its original box or shrink-wrap, where applicable).
All refunds will be processed to the original method of payment as stated on the sales receipt, less shipping costs for online orders. To return orders bought online through the website, please ship the order to the following address:
Print + Retail Solutions Attention: Receiving Department
200 University Avenue
We recommend that you use a traceable shipping method for your returned product. We are not responsible for lost shipments and shipping fees are not refundable.
- Items marked as “Final Sale” cannot be returned or exchanged. Final sale items also include custom orders, school rings, drinkware, calculators, ink jet cartridges, custom configured computers, demo products, software licenses, lab manuals, DVDs, sale or bargain books, dictionaries, medical reference books, bar charts, lab supplies, print on demand rainchecks, student agendas, reference test books (LSAT, MCAT, etc.) and select course supplies kits (e.g., dissection and molecular model kits).
- Course Materials (including textbooks, study guides, iClickers, access codes and solutions manuals) are returnable for a full refund until the date shown on the sales receipt. After this, refunds for special circumstances are at the discretion of store management.
- Custom-printed courseware is final sale. No exceptions.
- For items accompanied by Gift Receipts:
- Refunds will be processed to a W Store gift card.
- We will make every effort to process exchanges for items similar to the original purchase. If a similar item is not available, the returned merchandise may be exchanged for other in-store items. If the selected exchange item(s) is/are of lesser value than the original purchase, the exchange will be considered complete, with no compensation for the difference.
- Gift Card Purchases are final sale and are not redeemable for cash.
- Some technology purchases may have warranty coverages that differ from the above. Please consult the documentation that accompanied your purchase for details. For warranty information on these items, please contact the manufacturer directly.