UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
W REWARDS PROGRAM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The University of Waterloo W Rewards Program (the “Program”) is a promotional incentive program offered by the University of Waterloo. The Program is open to all University of Waterloo students who hold a current and valid WatCard. By becoming a member you agree (and, if you are under the legal age of majority (a “Minor”), your parent/legal guardian also agrees) that you have received and read these Program Terms and Conditions and agree to be legally bound by them (“Membership”). You also agree to receive advertising, marketing materials and other communications regarding W Rewards. Membership rules are void where prohibited by law.
2. Under the Program, you will have the opportunity to create a Program account (a “Program Account”) and accrue Program points (“Program Points”) that may be converted into Program dollars (“Program Dollars”) and redeemed on your qualifying eligible print and retail purchases, all in accordance with these Program Terms and Conditions.
3. Membership is non-transferable and subject to present and future Program rules (including without limitation these Program Terms and Conditions). The University of Waterloo may change the Program rules (including without limitation these Program Terms and Conditions), benefits, conditions of participation or Program Point and Program Dollar levels eligible for rewards, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the Program Points already accumulated. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the University of Waterloo may withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Program Points, increase the Program Points required for any reward, institute or add Program Points blackout dates or limit the number of Program Points that may be converted to Program Dollars and redeemed by any one individual on any one eligible purchase.
5. You may obtain your accumulated Program Points balance at any W Store, W Store Essentials and W Print point of sale location. For information about your Program Account or any other Program related questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Should you discover a discrepancy in your Program Account, you must notify W Store immediately, so that the discrepancy can be investigated. No adjustments to your Program Account will be made after 90 days from the applicable purchase date.
7. You may cancel your Membership at any time by notifying email@example.com. The University of Waterloo, in its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel an individual Membership (including without limitation the corresponding Program Account and Program Points).
8. Program Accounts are subject to closure and termination, including forfeiture of all Program Points accrued, two years after your last term as a registered student at the University of Waterloo. Program Points that remain on your Program Account will be forfeited if the Program is terminated (as determined by the University of Waterloo in its sole discretion) or if your Program Account is closed, for whatever cause.
9. Abuse of, or non-compliance with, the Program, including failure to follow Program rules (including without limitation these Program Terms and Conditions) or other University of Waterloo policies and procedures, the sale or barter of rewards, products, Program Points or promotional offers, using multiple Program Accounts in an effort to abuse the Program and any misrepresentation of fact relating thereto or any other conduct deemed to be improper by the University of Waterloo in its sole judgment may result in the cancellation of the applicable Program Account(s) and future disqualification from Program participation, forfeiture of all Program Points accrued and/or cancellation of previously issued but unused Program Points.
10. To collect Program Points following enrollment for a Program Account, you must make eligible purchases: (i) at participating W Store, W Store Essentials or W Print locations by presenting your WatCard at time of purchase. No facsimile or student ID number will be accepted.
11. Program Points will be earned for every dollar spent on eligible purchases, rounded to the nearest whole number according the following conversion rate: Each Dollar Spent = 1 Program Point. Program Points earned can be converted to Program Points that may be applied against eligible purchases according to the following conversion rate: 500 Program Points = $5 Program Dollars. For greater certainty, you may only convert Program Points to Program Dollars in 500 Program Points increments (any amount of Program Points less than 500 cannot be converted to Program Dollars). Program Point earned are based upon dollars spent at checkout on eligible purchases less any dollars spent on sales tax, provincial taxes, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, rebates or discounts applied at the time of purchase and any other excluded charges. You will not earn Program Points on the purchase of gift cards or on purchases made using Reward Dollars. Program Points cannot be earned on purchases made prior to your enrollment for a Program Account, and will not be awarded for certain products and services as determined by the University of Waterloo (for details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Program Points have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit. Other restrictions may apply – for details contact email@example.com.
12. Program Points will be posted only to the first Program Account provided in connection with any eligible purchase. Program Points are non-transferable.
13. In the event of a return and/or exchange of any eligible purchase for which Program Points were allocated, those Program Points will be deducted automatically from your Program Account (i.e. your Program Points balance will be reduced by the equivalent number of Program Points that were issued for the returned or exchanged item(s) in connection with the original eligible purchase).
14. In the event that you return merchandise that was partially or wholly paid for with Rewards Dollars, such Program Dollars (and the Program Points used to receive such Program Dollars) redeemed in connection with such a purchase shall not be reissued to your Program Account.
15. By participating in the Program, you (and, if you are a Minor, your parent/legal guardian) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the University of Waterloo, its governors, senators, officers, employees, independent contractors, students, agents, representatives and any other person or entity involved in the organization, execution or fulfillment of the Program (collectively, the “Program Parties”) from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense asserted by any entity relating in any way to your participation in the Program.
15. You (and, if you are a Minor, your parent/legal guardian) agree the Program Parties will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification or discontinuation of the Program. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Program Parties also not liable to you and is hereby released by you (and, if you are a Minor, your parent/legal guardian) from any and all claims in respect of:
a. loss or theft of any Program Points;
b. suspension, amendment or termination of the Program (or any part of the Program) for any reason;
c. suspension or termination of your Membership in the Program, the closing of your Program Account, or cancellation or invalidation of any or all of your Program Points;
d. Cancellation or expiration of your Program Points; and
e. Non-availability of any requested product or service at participating Print + Retail Solutions location or on our website.
17. The Program is made available to you free of charge or other consideration from you. The Program Parties will not be liable for any direct or indirect consequential or incidental damages related to the performance or non-performance of the Program, a product or service, whether such damages may have or have not been foreseen, even where we may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
18. Any waiver by the University of Waterloo of the strict observance, performance or compliance by you of any of the Program Terms and Conditions contained herein, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall be effective only in the specific instance and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of the University of Waterloo as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with the Program Terms and Conditions. No delay or omission by the University of Waterloo in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
19. If a court of competent jurisdiction or any government agency determines that any provision of the Program Terms and Conditions is void or unenforceable, that provision will continue to be enforceable to the extent permitted by that court or agency, and the remainder of that provision will no longer be considered as part of the Program Terms and Conditions. However, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
20. These Program Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University of Waterloo regarding your participation in the Program, your entitlement to collect and redeem Program Points and your entitlement to any other benefits of the Program. Except as expressly contained in these Program Terms and Conditions, there are no conditions, representations, warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the University of Waterloo has the final authority as to the interpretation of these Program Terms and Conditions and as to any other questions or disputes regarding the Program.